Thursday 10 December 2009

Summary of Group Project

I feel I have worked hard on this group project to create accurately shaped and sized components of the steam engine. When modelling my allocated parts I found the photos I took whilst visiting the museum a much needed resource and believe from referring to these regularly throughout the modelling process I have created quite a realistic shape for the machine.

In reference to the animation I would have liked to have had a go at more, but due to the nature of the project it was not possible. When modelling we could each work on a separate file and merge them once complete, as long as all of the team were working to the same scale. But when animating if the two animated files were not aligned properly many alterations would need to be made and as a group we felt it would be more time efficient if one member completed the interlocking animation of the machine, this being the group member who was best at animation. However, I did get to animate the dial needle and a camera in the environment and feel these have turned out reasonably well.

I am pleased with the way the group has worked with one another. I found all members were supportive and helpful to me and I tried to be supportive and helpful to them. All members were dedicated to completing the work assigned to them and without this commitment made by all of the team I doubt the project would have been finished by the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment